Train Collision Investigation (CSR 111)
Train Collision Investigation
Lesson Purpose: This lesson is intended to provide the student with a fundamental understanding of the basics of train collision investigation. Nomenclature, legal issues, and investigative tips are discussed.
Training Objectives: At the end of this lesson, the student will be able to achieve the following objectives in accordance with the information received in class:
1. Understand the basic concepts surrounding a train collision investigation.
2. Understand nomenclature for passive and active warning signs associated with train collisions.
3. Understand the procedures to follow once notification has been made that a train collision has occurred.
4. Understand the procedures for collecting data from the train in a collision investigation.
5. Develop an understanding for the procedures to follow for collecting data from the train and to examine the locomotive and the train crash for the collision investigation.
6. Understand how to manage the train investigation.
7. Gain an understanding of legal requirements for the train, the engineer, and a process for gathering information from trains.
8. Determine the environmental elements that can affect the outcome of the train investigation.
Video Length: 00:15:12